[FFmpeg-user] Catching the h264 vidoestream from a Logitech C920 to a file...

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Sep 13 21:25:14 CEST 2014

 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> On this system I will not install software which
> is not released as stable.

There is no need to install ffmpeg (the application),
I absolutely never install (except if users report
installation problems, which is a rare problem).

There is nothing "stable" about a release:
We (unfortunately) had ABI and API breaks within a
release series, and we never intentionally push
commits that break features.
(And just to make sure: All kind of bug fixes, both
security and other issues typically hit git head
long before a release is made.)

There are newer releases than 1.2 (although to
some degree, only git head is supported on this
mailing list, so if your problem is not fixed in
2.3 - I believe it is - you will have to test a
current version anyway).

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen