[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg-2.4 creates grey screen, corrupted videos

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Sep 19 21:38:46 CEST 2014

S Andreason <sandreas41 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> After upgrading mplayer to 2.4, I was unable to
> play h264 videos with the tag major_brand=qt
> made by several cameras.

What does 'upgrading mplayer to 2.4' mean?

[...]

> http://seahorseCorral.org/videos/tests/20140128_pond-W_rec10990.mov

I tested the following command line:
$ ffmpeg -i 20140128_pond-W_rec10990.mov -s 640x360
-qscale 2 -acodec copy out.avi
and the result plays fine here.

Please test current git head, releases are only
supported here if you are a distributor yourself.

Your configure line looks slightly broken (although
this shouldn't be the reason for a problem), please
test with './configure --enable-gpl --enable-libx264'
and your compiler is incredibly old.
I suggest you recompile, if this doesn't help, please
compile once without --enable-libx264 to rule that
out as a possible source of trouble.

Carl Eugen