[FFmpeg-user] For HLS, playlist.m3u8 file skips last segment entry

Claudiu Rad jazzman at misalpina.net
Tue Sep 30 15:29:22 CEST 2014

On 9/30/2014 4:11 PM, ajay parashar wrote:
>>> #EXTM3U
>>> #EXT-X-VERSION:3
>>> #EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:0
>>> #EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:YES
>>> #EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:17
>>> #EXTINF:15.015000,
>>> out000.ts
>>> #EXTINF:8.341667,
>>> out001.ts
>>> #EXTINF:8.341667,
>>> out002.ts
>>> #EXTINF:8.341667,
>>> out003.ts
>>> #EXTINF:16.683333,
>>> out004.ts
>>>

>> You should add "#EXT-X-ENDLIST" for a VOD hls.
> ***********************************
> Should I add ENDLIST tag manually or ffmpeg should do this for user while generating playlist.m3u8 file.

Actually, "#EXT-X-ENDLIST" is not added because you have specified
"-segment_list_flags +live" in your ffmpeg command.
If you want to generate a live HLS stream, use +live flag and the tag
will not be added (like in your example), if you want to generate a VOD
stream, remove the flag and the tag will be added.

However this won't fix the issue you are reporting that "out005.ts"
isn't added to the playlist and I can't help you with that, sorry.
Just wondering: are you sure that out005.ts contains useful data?

--
Claudiu