[FFmpeg-user] Using ffprobe or ffmpeg to view atom metadata

Steve Smith steve at yourprojectspro.com
Tue Sep 30 17:45:27 CEST 2014

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately mediainfo doesn't seem to return
the atom metadata, and exiftool is throwing Perl errors.

Goto undefined subroutine &DynaLoader::bootstrap_inherit at
C:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 96.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 260.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 260.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 133.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 133.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 313.

Realize this is getting off topic, but I'm kind of desparate for a way to
get at the atom metadata for these large mp4 files. There's no way to access
that info using ffmpeg or ffprobe?