[FFmpeg-user] Can I use ffmpeg to combine audio streams in .ts file?

skyscanner at gmx.ca skyscanner at gmx.ca
Tue Sep 30 20:33:07 CEST 2014

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:11:34 -0800, lou at lrcd.com wrote:

> In pan:

> "If the ‘=’ in a channel specification is replaced by ‘<’, then the
> gains for that specification will be renormalized so that the total
> is 1, thus avoiding clipping noise."
> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#pan

> Which is something you may or may not want, but I thought it was worth
> mentioning.

Thanks, Lou.  As long as I do straight 1:1 channel mapping, and don't try to combine two channels into one, I don't seem to experience the audio clipping and distortion.  And from my (admittedly limited) testing it appears that 1:1 mapping is the correct thing to do.  But that is good to know, and I will keep it in mind in case I encounter any other unusual situations such as this.