[FFmpeg-user] Simple question regarding probing and resetting position in C

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 1 11:16:39 CEST 2015

JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg <at> btinternet.com> writes:

> I have the generic code to open a small file and
> start getting packets from it, but it seems that
> the probing moves the internal pointers along
> around 20 seconds into the file.

What do you mean with "internal pointers"?
(You shouldn't try to access the internal pointers.)

When you start decoding after probing, decoding
should start with the beginning of the file.
In certain cases (like cut H.264 streams), the
initial output of the decoding may not match the
beginning of the file, there are options to
circumvent that.

Carl Eugen