[FFmpeg-user] Is it possible to speed up merging-speed from HD to LAN?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Apr 1 16:54:11 CEST 2015

Christoph Gerstbauer <christophgerstbauer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > FFmpeg has to seek in the output file.
>
> So it is a permanent writing and reading?

I am tempted to answer "yes" but I may misunderstand
your question: How would remuxing not be a permanent
reading and writing?
(I don't think FFmpeg reads from the output file if
that was your question.)

> ffmpeg version 2.6 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers

I am curious: Why are you using a release?
Maybe because you don't know that all releases of
FFmpeg contain more bugs than current git head?

> --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-memalign-hack

Please remove these.
(That shouldn't imply that "--disable-debug"
has any use.)

Carl Eugen