[FFmpeg-user] using -vtag on input files

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 18:14:39 CEST 2015

On 02/04/15 16:11, Roee Kashi wrote:
> first, since my rawvideo input is YV12 and there's no such pix_fmt, yuv420p
> without vtag results with a blue-pink video output.

I guess because its decoding it as yuv not yvu

> second, before vtag supported input files, i had to convert the file first
> to avi with -vcodec copy, and then convert it to mpeg4 or something, which
> takes forever.

Its odd that ffmpeg can handle yvu, without exposing a specific pix_fmt
to match, even more so as yvu ordering is common in mpeg (which is
probably why your workaround worked...

> i think this thread could shed some light on this matter (last message is
> the most important i think):
> http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/convert-YV12-stream-to-ProRes-td4665890.html

Ahh so Carl added that in ffmpeg.c for sources in 6bca574a ....

and then later on it was re-added in a merge of 746dca483a2f in
2014/02/24 but into ffmpeg_opt.c

I wonder if that's where it all went wrong...

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83