[FFmpeg-user] Has -t format changed?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:49:30 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I've been using ffmpeg to cut MP4 videos for a long time.
However from time to time I update my ffmpeg executables to have the latest
features and codecs. Once a while I notice command line switches change the
usual behaviour, this is one such instance. Let me explain:

Since times immemorial Ive used this command line switches structure:

ffmpeg -ss 1:50:55 -t 45 -i "'source video.mp4" -acodec copy -vcodec copy
OUTPUT.mp4
WHERE 45 after -t is the duration in seconds.

Well, this worked until my last ffmpeg update. Im currently using the
64-bit zeranoe static build from
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/ffmpeg-20150409-git-df4fca2-win64-static.7z

With this build and the same CLI and parameters as above, I get a video
segment cut at the starting point specified, but which runs until the end
of the source video file. It looks as if the -t parameters is ignored
altogether.

Was there any change in the format of -t that I should be aware of? Thanks
in advance

FC
act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell