[FFmpeg-user] one encode, two outputs with different duration

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Apr 13 11:09:22 CEST 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 10:57:59 +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> The avi file you are writing is readable from the first
> second on, why do you want to write a second file at
> the same time?

Looking at this thread, am I right in saying that this issue remains?:

"When writing more than one output file, with different lengths by
duration, ffmpeg doesn't finalize the shorter file(s) until the longest
is completed. Even though it possibly could."

Is that a valid summary?

I'm not saying this couldn't be a "won't fix" or "can't fix". ;-)

Moritz