[FFmpeg-user] Building FFMPEG and enabling x265

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:56:19 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>> I also tried to modify the PKG_CONFIG_PATH var to
>
> In the future, look for the .pc files instead of trying random values.

If you mean $HOME/ffmpeg_sources/x265/build/linux, then the .pc file
is actually there.

$ find ~ -name 'x265.pc'
/home/werner/ffmpeg_sources/x265/build/linux/x265.pc

I guess that a "sudo make install" after the "make" in x265 works, but
that installs it to /usr/local instead of the home directory, which is
what all the other tools in the compilation guide do. (I understand
that this is not the x265 mailing list, but for ffmpeg users we should
probably update our compilation guide..)