[FFmpeg-user] Building FFMPEG and enabling x265

Kimio Miyamura xanadu at apost.plala.or.jp
Wed Apr 15 20:46:10 CEST 2015

> 2015/04/15 22:49、Werner Robitza <werner.robitza <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Clément Bœsch <u <at> pkh.me> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 03:41:49PM +0200, Alexander Martin Dethof wrote:
>> Do that for x265 (or find the equivalent) and use make install (no root
>> needed, you have write perm in $HOME/ffmpeg_build). This will deploy a .pc
>> file with all the other pc files available in
>> $HOME/ffmpeg_build/lib/pkgconfig as well as deploying the libs in the
>> parent directory of it.
>>
>> Everything else should then work as expected.

[SNIP]

> ... and compiling it, but no dice:
>
> $ ffmpeg
> ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libx265.so.56: cannot

I apologize if my comment is stupid.  But it is looks like my experience on libx265.

if you build libx265 as shared library, and the place of library is not non-standard place, you may have to let it know.  In my experience on Mac OS X, I used "export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH".  I don't know how should be in Ubuntu...

// Miya