[FFmpeg-user] Parse environment variables in command line

Denis Mysenko duster at mail.ru
Mon Apr 20 03:02:52 CEST 2015

 Hi there

This is not really related to FFmpeg, and I'm afraid there is no quick solution.

If you use environment variable (like you proposed) or any shell/UNIX 'hack' (eg. -i `cat url.txt`), at the moment of execution a plain-text password will be inserted anyway. And 'ps' will show what really was launched, not the string before parsing.

So the question becomes – can you pass incomplete information to FFmpeg at the execution time, and then make it fetch extra information itself? I don't think it's possible.