[FFmpeg-user] invalid AVPacket size in av_read_frame usage.

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Wed Apr 22 08:37:24 CEST 2015

Greetings,

I'm writing a program that needs to sample the screen in bgra format.
the problem is what I try to read an av frame, I get this error:
[rawvideo @ 0x1403aa0] Invalid buffer size, packet size 1228800 < expected frame_size 8294400

looking at the code I see that unless stated else, 1228800 is the max len so I went on and wrote the code below:
if (avs->av_pkt_buff_len) {
   if (av_new_packet(&av_packet, avs->av_pkt_buff_len)) {
      ERROR("av packet with paylod size %d has failed.", avs->av_pkt_buff_len);
      return -1;
   }
} else
   av_init_packet(&av_packet);

and set av_pkt_buff_len to 8294400 but I still get that error.

any ideas what I'm doing wrong?