[FFmpeg-user] output to multiple targets

Anthony Griffiths neuronetv at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:32:48 CEST 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
> Le sextidi 6 floréal, an CCXXIII, Anthony Griffiths a écrit :
>> # dvgrab -format dv1 - | ffmpeg -deinterlace -f dv -i - -f flv -vcodec
>> flv -s 320x240 -r 10 -b:v 1000k -vcodec libx264 -preset veryfast -crf
>> 25 -maxrate 3000k -bufsize 6000k -g 20 -c:a libfdk_aac -ac 1 -ab 32k
>> -ar 22050 -f tee -map 0:v -map 0:a
>> 'recording.mp4|rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1935/live/livestream1'
>
> When looking for help, you should try to trim your command-ling of all
> things that do not matter for your issue (codecs parameters, etc.), that
> will help people to spot the issue.
>
> If you did that, you would probably have noticed that you have two
> conflicting -f options, although this is not the cause of the issue.
>
>> [NULL @ 0x3c27440] Unable to find a suitable output format for
>> 'rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1935/live/livestream1'
>
> tee can not guess what format you want for the RTMP output. This is probably
> what the original "-f flv" was for. Use "[f=flv]", that should be enough.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

thanks for your response and apologies for the overdose of detail in
my original post. On the ffmpeg forum if you don't give full details
with console output you get told off...
anyway:
"[f=flv]" is not working no matter where I put it in the command. It
either gives:
'Unable to find a suitable output format for 'f=flv'
f=flv: Invalid argument'
or
'Unable to find a suitable output format for
'recording.mp4|rtmp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1935/live/livestream1....Invalid
argument'
could you please specify where this should go in the command and what
the correct syntax should be? Thanks again.