[FFmpeg-user] Concurrent Segment/Concat Read/Writes

Robert Nagy ronag89 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 11:03:06 CEST 2015

I'm using ffmpeg to segment/concat a 120Mbit/s file in 2 second segments
to/from a HTTP server. The problem is that ffmpeg only writes/reads one
segment at a time which doesn't fully use all available bandwidth.

Each request to/from the server has a limit of 10MB/s. However using 5+
concurrent request it can get all the way up to 50+ MB/s.

Is there some way I can get the segment/concat muxer/demuxer to run several
requests concurrently?

If not I'll have to modify ffmpeg myself and would in that case appreciate
any tips.