[FFmpeg-user] can "Press [q] to stop, [?] for help" be disabled in FFmpeg.exe? Please help!

James Heliker james.heliker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 16:53:14 CEST 2015

Hi Simon / All -

Useful to know about "-nostdin" -  I need to spend more time rtfm.

However, update on my issue: I'm not sure where the bug lies, but I was
incorrect about stdin being the problem. It was a coincidence that
PAExec crashed near when "Press [q] to stop..." was output from FFmpeg.

By passing "-loglevel error" (or above), and passing "-hide_banner",
PAExec no longer crashes and I'm able to automate FFmpeg as needed. I
can only assume there are some interesting characters that I'm avoiding
printing out from FFmpeg, that crash PAExec.

For anyone that's interested, I'm also passing "-stats" so that I still
can track progress from stderr.

- James