[FFmpeg-user] Use force_key_frames to obtain keyframes at exactly the same positions as in the input stream?

Haris Zukanovic haris.zukanovic74 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 22:47:47 CEST 2015

Hello,
Can I use force_key_frames in some way to produce keyframes (IDR, not
I-frames) at exactly the same PTS in output streams as they are found in
the live input stream? Both input and output are h264 and live streaming.

Something analogous to using 2 pass encoding for VOD and in the second
pass keyframes are inserted exactly where they are recorded in the first
pass... Is that something like that even theoretically doable for live
streaming?

thanx

Haris Zukanovic