[FFmpeg-user] Broken installation after OSX update

Joel Lopez badassmexican at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:58:22 CEST 2015

It wouldn't run.
(I'm a novice command line user.  This is good practice)

jlo-MacBook-Pro:Cellar jlopez$ ./usr/local/bin/ffmpeg

-bash: ./usr/local/bin/ffmpeg: No such file or directory

But I decided to investigate

jlo-MacBook-Pro:~ jlopez$ ls -al /usr/local/bin/ffm*

lrwxr-xr-x  1 jlopez  admin  31 Apr 18  2013 /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg ->
../Cellar/ffmpeg/1.2/bin/ffmpeg

When I look in Cellar ffmpeg isn't in there anymore.

jlo-MacBook-Pro:Cellar jlopez$ ls

openssl wget

I suspect I had a homebrew install and homebrew broke too.