[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe -show_frames values

Joel Lopez badassmexican at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:26:09 CEST 2015

Thanks for the help.  It's making a bit of sense now.  It looks like my
keyframes are 1/3 of a second.  Is less than 2 seconds apart ok?

In the pict_type field I'm seeing B's and P's with one I.  Does that
translate to how far apart they are?

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.700000

pkt_dts_time=244.700000

pict_type=P

[/FRAME]

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.733333

pkt_dts_time=244.733333

pict_type=B

[/FRAME]

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.766667

pkt_dts_time=244.766667

pict_type=P

[/FRAME]

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.800000

pkt_dts_time=244.800000

pict_type=I

[/FRAME]

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.833333

pkt_dts_time=244.833333

pict_type=B

[/FRAME]

[FRAME]

pkt_pts_time=244.866667

pkt_dts_time=244.866667

pict_type=P

[/FRAME]

Here's the unfiltered output of a couple frames.

[FRAME]

media_type=video

key_frame=0

pkt_pts=754000