[FFmpeg-user] Data stream/timecode copy to ffv1/matroska

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Aug 8 15:07:07 CEST 2015

Kieran O'Leary <kieran.oleary <at> irishfilm.ie> writes:

> I have a 1080p24 v210.mov file with 2 audio tracks and a
> data track, which I'm assuming is the timecode. I want
> to just transcode the video track to ffv1, and copy over
> everything else into a matroska wrapper.

Why?
I mean it appears as if Matroska does not support it,
so why are you trying? (Even if we found out that this
is a limitation of FFmpeg and not the Matroska
specification, it may not be fixed quickly.)

> Is there an easier way to do this, and is it possible
> to carry over timecode to matroska?

No?
(As you found out.)

> It says that mkv only supports video, audio, subs.

Which may indicate that the Matroska specification
does not support anything else.
(I don't know and it does not sound entirely correct
to me but in any case, a patch has to be written.)

Carl Eugen