[FFmpeg-user] ProRes -> MPEG2 bug: color shifting?

Andreas Gumm andreas.gumm at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:47:54 CEST 2015

Just to correct some things,
Edius is right in ProRes interpretation if the source footage is correctly
encoded in YUV2 at correct levels. Edius does wrong interpretation only
when ProRes is encoded at full range in YUV2 color space.

Quicktime colorshift can be seen in QT Player Window.
NLE vendors are using QT API and there is no color shift if they are using
the API parameters properly.

Andreas