[FFmpeg-user] Syncing multiple MKV streams

Dan Gordon zombiitv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 21:57:19 CEST 2015

I have a multi stream MKV container with 4 synced mp4 videos (multi-angle
video). I need to be able to switch between the streams while maintaining
the timecode, i.e. frame by frame switch from one angle to the other one.

When I switch streams using "v" in ffplay, the switch occurs in real time;
however, the video jumps to the next i-frame (at least that is what it
looks like it is doing). Is there a way to switch streams while maintaining
the original stream's clock?

If there isn't a CLI solution to this problem can you point me to the
correct location to inquire about modifying the code for this purpose?

Thank you