[FFmpeg-user] relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `ff_w1111' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Gabriel Pettier gabriel.pettier at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:43:50 CEST 2015

I tried with master (from git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git), as well
as an older commit (1f7b7) that has been tested with ffpyplayer in the
past, to be sure, since i got the same issue, i went back to master.

I used make clean between each try, and i just tried again with a make
distclean before to be sure, no dice.

Your command does indeed work for me, i'll try to reduce the CC command
of my makefile until i find what flag or target is causing issue.