[FFmpeg-user] concat images to h.264 movie not working

Roger Allen rallen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:42:41 CET 2015

Hi,

I have an older build of ffmpeg (1.1.3) on my Mac and I'm able to put a
list of png images in a file and use ffmpeg to create a h264 encoded movie.

Trying to do the same thing on a PC with the most recent build
(ffmpeg-20151205-git-a16243a-win64-static) results in "DTS" errors and a
file that has just a couple frames in it.  A large number of images
produces a massive stream of errors.

I saw https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4765 and the related discussion
http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/DTS-Out-of-Order-DTS-amp-PTS-Invalid-Dropping-td4667944.html
and it seems related to what I'm seeing.  It sounds as if the simple case
of creating a movie just from images has regressed.

For a testcase, I've uploaded some loopable public domain test images to
http://imgur.com/a/TVyJT (under Post Options at the bottom, choose download
album)

The commands I run are (in a bash shell)

printf "file '%s'\n" ./*.png > test_ffmpeg.list
ffmpeg \
-f concat -i test_ffmpeg.list \
-r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p \
-c:v libx264 -preset slow \
Muybridge_race_horse_animated.mp4

On my Mac, this creates a nice loopable movie.  On the PC it creates a
2-frame movie.  Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Thanks,

Roger

p.s. logfiles & script are at
https://gist.github.com/rogerallen/426203d3a580898bd864