[FFmpeg-user] frame by frame scrub h264/mov issues?

Ryan Williams rwilliams at busivid.com
Wed Dec 9 08:33:10 CET 2015

My understanding of the -force_key_frames option is that it takes a comma separated list of time intervals (in seconds) to trigger key frames to occur.
In my program I use "-force_key_frames:v 0,0.000001" to force the first and second frame of any video to be keyframes regardless of the framerate.

Not sure if this helps, just wanted to explain that
1) You can specify multiple time intervals to "-force_key_frames".
2) That if specify the exact timestamp of a particular frame then it will actually be the following frame which becomes the key frame instead.