[FFmpeg-user] "Unable to find a suitable output formula" error message

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Thu Dec 31 13:00:07 CET 2015

Le primidi 11 nivôse, an CCXXIV, m8r-295go3 a écrit :
> However, this is the output I get when I use Terminal on Mac with
> Homebrew...

Normally, you are required to post the full output on this list to get help.
In this case, the snippet you posted was enough to know the problem, but in
the future make sure to do it.

> [NULL @ 0x7fd01b8c7600] Unable to find a suitable output format for
> '“grad.mp4”'
> “grad.mp4”: Invalid argument

You must use normal ASCII double-quotes, like that: "...", instead of
asymmetric double quotes like that: “...”. You may also use single
quotes/apostrophes (the ASCII symmetrical one, again) or no quotes at all if
your filename does not contain any special character. Peruse the
documentation for your shell to know the difference it makes.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George