[FFmpeg-user] IVTC with pullup filter

marcjn windbreiz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:27:56 CET 2015

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote
> marcjn

>  gmail.com> writes:>  I could submit sample and logIf you don't submit
> them, help is extremely unlikely afaict.(This is of course not pullup
> related.)Carl
> Eugen_______________________________________________ffmpeg-user mailing
> list

> ffmpeg-user@

I don't see my recent mails to the list posted here so I will try from my
browser (I am new to this mail list format).I have been trying to convert a
telecined clip (29.97 fps) to a progressive one (23.976 fps).The clip I am
using for test purpose is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/TermSample2.mp4
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/TermSample2.mp4>  The sample
contains a x.264 video stream and an AAC 2-channel audio stream.
I first tried to use -vf pullup, fps=24000/1001:
The log is  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/pullup_fps.log>  The result
was a 23.976 fps clip, showing up as 'progressive' with MediaInfo, but with
2 progressive frames, followed by 2 frames each blending 2 fields (combing).
I also tried -vf pullup -r 24000/1001
 as some users mentioned that this worked for them:Here is the log:  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/pullup_rate.log>  The result
was the same: 2 progressive frames followed by 2 blended ones.
I then tried -vf fieldmatch,decimate:
The log is  here
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71351606/fieldmatch_decimate.log>
Different result here: most of the time, we have 3 progressive + 1 blended
frame, but on occasion 2 progressive + 2 blended.I do hope someone knows how
to make IVCT work under ffmpeg.Thanks.