[FFmpeg-user] Deinterlacing detected interlaced frames

Jan Sever n32 at email.cz
Tue Feb 17 23:03:49 CET 2015

On 02/17/2015 01:12 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Iirc, the mailing list rules ask you not to compress
> input if not necessary (maybe I misremember).

Yes, you're right, I'm terribly sorry I forgot to read them: I followed
general netiquette and netiquette from Gentoo mailing lists and didn't
want to make anyone feel flooded (and wanted to lower mailing lists'
overhead).

> In any case, if you convert a 42 frame input sample,
> there is no need to attach something that people have
> to download (and uncompress), just inline the console
> output.

Thank you for saying nicely, I'll remember it when sending another log.

> I don't think idet detects the single interlaced frame.

I think it can (according to the log) but I am not sure how the compress
phase handles it later. I made a script which takes the detected positions
of interlaced frames and merges timecodes which are near (assuming ffmpeg
doesn't detect every frame) and it works quite well but I'd still like to
use directly ffmpeg for it.

--
Jan Sever