[FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg-user] Transcode to high bitrate of Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 22:20:00 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 04:38:47 +0800, Xuebing Wang wrote:
> >> bitrate audio (e.g. max 24.5 Mbps for 5.1 channels, 192k sampling
> >> rate, 24 bits, 5.1 channels) (i: still attain the video stream, ii,
> >> audio only)?
> Thanks Andy. Any idea what is the command line to resample TrueHD from
> like 640kbps to HBR (>6.144Mbps)?

I think you are confusing the terms of resampling and re-encoding. I
think you mean changing the bit rate (by re-encoding).

You can indeed resample from 48k to 192k. But why would you want to
increase the bit rate from the original TrueHD stream? The quality
won't increase from this.

Compatibility?

FWIW, the audio sample rate is controlled by "-ar", the bit rate by
"-b:a".

Confused,
Moritz