[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg & MPEG-2 GOP structure

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 18:00:21 CET 2015

On 09/01/15 15:30, Valentin NOEL wrote:

>> [...]
>> It means that I was making a pragmatic suggestion for something you
>> could try immediately to solve your issue, rather than trying to get
>> bogged down in technical details too early.
>>

> Actually, I need to add this flag "+cgop" because I need to generate closed
> GOP.
> Other encoders allow finishing closed GOP with B-frames (with only backward
> reference), so I wonder whether FFmpeg cannot allow doing this, or whether
> I do not use it correctly.

Well does toggling that option off change things at all?
(Notwithstanding that for real use you need it, just trying to see what
might affect the result as I know chaging this can affect the bframe count).

-b_strategy  0 is the default so that setting should be doing nothing,
have you experimented with different values?

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83