[FFmpeg-user] I am confused between your FFMPEG and Sourcefordge FFMPEG

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Jan 26 08:38:22 CET 2015

Hi Dani,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 03:20:04 +0000, Dani A wrote:

> I am trying to install FFMPEG-php 0.6.0 on my server and I am facing
> issues because the process is very complicated and cumbersome, and
> when I search online I find your website, Are you the updated version
> from the source-forge one FFMPEG 0.6.0, how can I install the FFMPEG
> on my server from your site so my developers can access the video
> file frames and display them on a page, that's why I need FFMPEG.

ffmpeg-php is not ffmpeg! It uses ffmpeg.

> https://chrisjean.com/2009/01/13/install-ffmpeg-and-ffmpeg-php-on-centos-easily/

That instruction is very old, seeing as it refers to "ffmpeg-0.4.9_pre1
or higher". Do not use such an ancient version of ffmpeg please.

This is the official site for ffmpeg:
http://ffmpeg.org/

For CentOS, you will want to use the rpmfusion repositories, or - even
better - build your own version of ffmpeg.

Otherwise, you probably only need the dependencies, such as php-gd and
php-devel (assuming the instructions are still valid), and then follow
the section "Installing ffmpeg-php". This is beyond the scope of this
mailing list though.

Cheers,
Moritz