[FFmpeg-user] I am confused between your FFMPEG and Sourcefordge FFMPEG

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:48:32 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>> So if you plan to run code that REQUIRES ffmpeg-php to work, my guess is
>> that you will need to run ffmpeg-php with whatever ancient version of
>> ffmpeg is available for your CentOS.

To add to the confusion, there is also https://github.com/PHP-FFMpeg/PHP-FFMpeg
It seems well-maintained, but again, not related to FFmpeg.

I would really recommend you to just construct a few command lines
yourself, using the regular ffmpeg and ffprobe tools that you can get
via http://ffmpeg.org/download.html -- I've found them sufficient for
most cases.

I really hope ffmpeg-php could be entirely removed from the Internet...