[FFmpeg-user] Cutdetection (dynamic threshold) and Fadedetection with ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jan 27 16:17:31 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 15:50:37 +0100, Christoph Gerstbauer wrote:
> > I'm not so familiar with ffmpeg on Windows, but suspect that the
> > error here relates to how the filepath is escaped. Could you try
> > quoting the filterchain or escaping the colon.

> I tried, but it didnt work. Mybe this filter only works correct on
> linux?

It does work on Windows, if you get the path right. Here's what I did
(without changing into the directory where the movie is located, and
omitting its path):

> ffprobe.exe -f lavfi "movie=c\\:\\\\Temp\\\\12060.mp4,signalstats" -show_entries "frame_tags=lavfi.signalstats.YDIF"

Trial and error. But the path stuff is covered here as well:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2166
and possibly in some documentation.

Cheers,
Moritz