[FFmpeg-user] Problem with ffmpeg

Dennis Azevedo azevedodennis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:52:48 CEST 2015

Hi there!

I'm having a small problem while testing the functionalities of streaming
with Ffmpeg using a wowza server.
I'm using FFMPEG to create a live stream from a video file in my computer
(just like the examples in your Streaming guide documentation). I've
managed to send using a UDP, RTSP, etc, but when I try using the RTMP
protocol it just doesn't work, giving me the "RTMP_readpacket, failed to
read RTMP packet header". I'm trying this code: ffmpeg -re -i localFile.mp4
-c copy -f flv rtmp://<Wowza server>:1935/live/streamName

I'm waiting for a quick reply if possible. I'm not quite sure if it is a
Wowza problem, or a Ffmpeg problem.

Thanks