[FFmpeg-user] What is wrong with this .mov to mp4 conevrsion?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jul 14 10:14:32 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 05:42:59 +0000, Dani A wrote:

> if I add -pix_fmt yuv420p to my long ffmpeg command , will it work on
> all mov formats conversion to mp4s, or only on 4:2:2 pixel formats?

ffmpeg will only insert the conversion if required, it the original
source has the correct pixel format, no unnecessary conversion is
inserted.

Furthermore, yes, all movs will be fine with yuv420p, but in higher
profiles than main, you may want to use other pixel formats, assuming
your players support them.

Cheers,
Moritz