[FFmpeg-user] Error reading 10bit H264 in Matroska

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 21:57:55 CEST 2015

Dana 15. 7. 2015. 20:59 osoba "Leo Izen" <leo.izen at gmail.com> napisala je:

> On 07/15/2015 11:12 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>>
>> Leo Izen <leo.izen <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I have a peculiar case. I have a matroska file that's
>>> got an h264 stream inside. When I play this file with
>>> ffplay, it plays fine. However, ffmpeg cannot read it
>>> correctly.
>>

>> Please provide the sample.
>>
>> Carl Eugen
>

> When I cut the sample file down to 10 MB in size, it stops playing with
ffplay and it's not reproducable. However, if I cut it down to 20 MB, the
same error as previously described appears. According to
https://www.ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html, you don't want samples larger than
10 MB.

> The 10 MB sample gets stuck demuxing with:
> [matroska,webm @ 0x7fab500008c0] Read error
>
> (Full, uncut output of ffplay: http://pastebin.com/ChEq2YZB)
> (ffmpeg has the same output as before basically)
>
> This is unsurprisng given than it's an HD (Bluray quality) file and 10 MB
isn't enough to seek. What this does suggest is that ffplay is somehow
looking ahead into the second ten megabytes in order to determine the file
parameters and FFplay isn't.

> Should I make an exception and upload the 20 MB file instead?

Upload it somewhere.