[FFmpeg-user] scaling failed: height must be an integer

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Jul 28 10:16:09 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:07:02 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:
> Check the documentation of the scale filter on this:

D'uh, wrong quote. This I meant to quote:

    If one of the values is -n with n > 1, the scale filter will also
    use a value that maintains the aspect ratio of the input image,
    calculated from the other specified dimension. After that it will,
    however, make sure that the calculated dimension is divisible by n
    and adjust the value if necessary.

> So, you probably need to change "-vf scale=1280:-1" to "-vf
> scale=1280:-2" or "-vf scale=1280:-4".

This stands.

Cheers,
Moritz