[FFmpeg-user] Compile ffmpeg w libvpx & libvorbis on Ubuntu 14.04.02 x64

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jul 29 14:41:01 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 20:09:31 +0300, arcassis at gmail.com wrote:

> 4) after checking the output folder
> ~/android-ndk-r10e/sources/ffmpeg/android/arm/
> realized that in the lib folder I couldn't find any so files, not to
> mention any libvpx or libvorbis related artefacts.

Did you expect libvpx and libvorbis here as well? If so, it isn't an
ffmpeg problem, but apparently, step 2) didn't go well:

> 2) downloaded, configured, make and make install for the following libs:
> libogg, libvorbis and libvpx (according to [1]). All the libs where
> downloaded in ~/android-ndk-r10e/sources/ffmpeg

Did you give the correct prefix?

Did you get libav* installed, but without libvpx support?

> 3) after that used build_android.sh (used the one form [2], with some
> adaptations to enable libvpx and libvorbis and disable other unusefull
> options).
> 4) after checking the output folder
> ~/android-ndk-r10e/sources/ffmpeg/android/arm/
> realized that in the lib folder I couldn't find any so files, not to
> mention any libvpx or libvorbis related artefacts.

Well, assuming you were in the correct directory (for $(pwd)) ;-), what
output did you get from the build? Did it look like it was compiling
files and linking libav libraries?

If in doubt, check (or attach :-)) the complete output of configure
first (config.log), then check the output from "make" and from "make
install". We can't guess at which of these stages something went wrong.

A lot of guess-work here. :(

Moritz