[FFmpeg-user] install ffmpeg into AIX machine running AIX 7.1

Wang, Liqin, M.S. Wang.Liqin at mayo.edu
Wed Jun 3 04:47:09 CEST 2015

I got the source codes with Git: $ git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git

But when I tried to build, I got error.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solve the problem.

My AIX 7.1 does not have gcc, and gmake. But it does have "cc" and "make". Do I need to modify the "configure" file, specifically replace "gcc" with "cc" ?

Then change to:
"./configure && make")

Thanks,

Liqin

Wang, Liqin, M.S. <Wang.Liqin <at> mayo.edu> writes:

> 1. Is there any easy way to install ffmpeg in AIX?

Yes, "bash configure && gmake" is supposed to work.
(Actually "./configure && gmake")
If you see issues, please report them!

Carl Eugen