[FFmpeg-user] build ffmpegin AIX -failed ->success

Wang, Liqin, M.S. Wang.Liqin at mayo.edu
Thu Jun 11 23:13:58 CEST 2015

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:34 AM  Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> If the issue is that your git version is too old (I don't know), you can try a snapshot:
> http://ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-snapshot.tar.bz2

Thanks Carl.

I think it is related to the git I used.
I installed the git in window and here is the information:

M:\programs\Git\bin>git --version
git version 1.9.5.msysgit.1

I  thought the source codes are cross platform. So I just get the codes in window and then copy them into AIX.  Maybe I am wrong.

After using the new link you pointed in this email, I successfully built the ffmpeg.
The version information is:

bash-4.2$ ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg version N-72842-gfb92f3e Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 4.9.2 (GCC)
configuration:
libavutil      54. 27.100 / 54. 27.100
libavcodec     56. 41.100 / 56. 41.100
libavformat    56. 36.100 / 56. 36.100
libavdevice    56.  4.100 / 56.  4.100
libavfilter     5. 16.101 /  5. 16.101
libswscale      3.  1.101 /  3.  1.101
libswresample   1.  2.100 /  1.  2.100

We have six production AIX hosts and I have to build for each one of them. Could you please let me know if this is current stable version?

Also, during the build process, I got lots of warning, hopefully  these warnings are expected...

Installation of right git in AIX  also needs lots of dependencies. Do you have recommended git URL or repository to share?

Thank you very much.

Liqin