[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg extremely high consumption

En Figureo Canal figureo56.com at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:56:04 CEST 2015

Hello.

Today I was testing a stream to a rtmp server (nginx) and noticed that
ffmpeg has a load average: 3.26, 3.18, 3.20 and 195% of cpu.

Both, nginx and ffmpeg are on the same machine which is a AMD Athlon(tm) 64
X2 Dual Core Processor 3400+ with 8GB of RAM. Not great but, I think is ok
for testing.

This is the command I'm using to send the stream to nginx:

ffmpeg -re -i video.mp4 -vcodec libx264 -crf 23 -preset medium -pix_fmt
yuv420p -f flv rtmp://ip/live/test

Can someone please let me know why such a high cpu consumption or if there
is another way of doing such stream with less stress on cpu.

Thank you in advanced for your time and help.