[FFmpeg-user] Any Insight Into Validation Error?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jun 13 09:01:49 CEST 2015

Jeremy <genericinbox <at> gmail.com> writes:

> ERROR[mediaValidation.mpeg2.programPack.insufficientBytes]
> <at> 889326276289_USQY51571375.mpg:
> Insufficient number of bytes (2) before file end while
> checking for ProgramPack]

You should probably ask the provider of the stream
analyzer for more information.
What stream analyzer is it?

> ffmpeg -y -i /filename.mov

Can you reproduce the issue with testsrc input?

> -vcodec mpeg2video -pix_fmt yuv420p
> -me_method epzs -threads 2

> -vf yadif=0 -vf crop=1920:1072:0:4

This does not work.
(Only one "-vf" per output file is supported)

> -g 45 -bf 2 -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2

> -s 640x360

If you use a filter chain, do not use -s,
while it works, it is to some degree
undefined behaviour. Use the scale filter
instead.

> -b:v 16384k -minrate 16384k -maxrate 16384k
> -acodec mp2 -ac 2 -ab 384k -ar 48000 -async 1
> -y -f vob output.mpg

I would suggest you try to reproduce with less
options, then you could try (much!) older
versions of FFmpeg (they will not support
testsrc, you will have to produce a rawvideo
input first) to find out if this is a
regression.

Unrelated:

> --enable-pthreads --host-cflags=
> --host-ldflags= --enable-vda

These options have no effect, I suggest you
remove them.

> --enable-libvo-aacenc

This adds a (very) low quality aac encoder,
please remove it.

> --enable-hardcoded-tables

Just being curious: Why?

Carl Eugen