[FFmpeg-user] IMX50 NTSC framesize differs to the SMPTE 356M-2001 Standard - why?

Christoph Gerstbauer christophgerstbauer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:39:44 CEST 2015

>> 1.) Please can you tell me YOUR used syntaxes for IMX30/40/50  for PAL
>> and NTSC? I want to compare it to mine.
> Mine look remarkably similar to yours except for the ommission of 'ilme'
> which makes no sense for an I frame only format.

Maybe the ffmpeg documentation is not correct?
"ILME: Force interlacing support in encoder (MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 only).
Use this option if your input file is interlaced and you want to keep
the interlaced format for minimum losses. The alternative is to
deinterlace the input stream with-deinterlace, but deinterlacing
introduces losses."

    Our IMX50 source will be always interlaced. But what does ILME have
    to to with Intra frame encoding (I-frame)? Does ILME only works for
    GOP structures in MPEG2 and MPEG4? If yes, this should be explained
    in the documentation, I think. But it isnt.