[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg blue ray iso

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Jun 17 23:53:37 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 17:31:56 +0200, Bouke (VideoToolShed) wrote:
> But you can use FFmpeg to generate a compliant video file
> (Hint, if you need fast, you can use HDV at the cost of a bit of
> resolution.)

Sure! There are few, but nice web pages about that. It seems this has
been a top hit on Google for the last few years:

https://irishjesus.wordpress.com/2010/10/17/blu-ray-movie-authoring-in-linux/

The ffmpeg/x264 parameters are probably still valid, as are the
caveats.

May I add: I have read that ImgBurn works fine using Wine (if you
happen to be on x86 and on a platform supporting Wine), and that it
supports UDF 2.6, i.e. proper Blu Ray mastering. I know ImgBurn well
from Windows, and it's an excellent ISO and burning tool, but I have
neither used it under Wine/Linux no for Blu Ray yet (but plan to -
both).

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4625

Cheers,
Moritz