[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg, Optimize for size

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jun 18 15:40:50 CEST 2015

Conor Mac Aoidh <conormacaoidh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> After adding the '--enable-small' flag, I'm having
> some problems building. It seems the build gets
> stuck on a file called 'libavcodec/snowenc.d'. This
> command is running at 100% CPU for 20 minutes+:

I just tested with NDK r10e building for Android 16.
Compilation of snowenc takes a few seconds here,
both with and without --enable-small.

> I'm using this build script (with '--enable-small'
> added):

Build scripts are not supported here, the reason is
that all build scripts I have seen so far are broken,
including this one.

Are you sure that you tried to build current FFmpeg?
Nothing else is supported here...

Carl Eugen