[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg overlay with transparent effect

qw applemax82 at 163.com
Thu Jun 25 16:26:18 CEST 2015

Hi

>However, the following places a logo on a video:
>$ ffmpeg -i video -loop 1 -i logo -filter_complex
>overlay -qscale 2 out.avi

The command does place a logo on a video. But there is no transparent effect, and I can't the image of vidoe behind the logo.

The basic theory is easy: alpha is used to control the weight of pixel to display in video and logo. The formula is shown below:
final pixel = alpha * video pixel + (1 - alpha) * logo pixel.

But how to make transparent effect by ffmpeg?