[FFmpeg-user] How to make partially transparent png image

qw applemax82 at 163.com
Tue Jun 30 03:39:08 CEST 2015

I have one question about alpha channel and transparent background in png file.

Png file supports alpha channel, which controls the transparency of pixels. If there is transparent background in png file, I can see the pixels of the bottom layer from overlayed image.

Does transparent background has pixels and alpha value in png file? For example, transparent background has any value of rgb, and its alpha is set to the value associated with full transparency. Is that right?