[FFmpeg-user] H264 IP-camera dump causes wrong duration/bitrate

しらせ けんじ kenji at shirase.tk
Mon May 18 09:06:57 CEST 2015

I got H264 livestream dump from my IP-camera with ffmpeg.
The movies get shorter than real time in night time, although the length
is correct in day time.

The command line I did is below.
I used segment function with segment time = 60.
So, I expect the duration of each mp4 file is about 60 seconds.

ffmpeg -i
"http://temp2.shirase.tk/livestream.cgi?user=guest&pwd=guest&streamid=0&audio=0&filename="
-y -vcodec copy \
        -loglevel verbose \
        -movflags faststart+empty_moov \
        -f segment \
        -segment_atclocktime 1 \
        -segment_time 60 \
        -reset_timestamps 1 \
        -strftime 1 \
        %y%m%d%H%M.mp4 < /dev/zero 2> dump.log

The files below is the sample files and console log.

* http://temp1.shirase.tk/1505151230.mp4
   This file is a sample in day time.
   The duration of this file is 00:01:07.20.

* http://temp1.shirase.tk/1505152058.mp4
   This file is a sample in night time.
   The duration is 00:00:24.00.

* http://temp1.shirase.tk/dump.log
   console log.

I posted this problem to ffmpeg forum before. (
http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2013 )
But I could not get any solution.

I also asked about "h264 : data partitioning" to ffmpeg-devel after I
found this message.
   https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-May/172614.html
But it's not my trouble.

Regard.