[FFmpeg-user] Query

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue May 19 12:58:50 CEST 2015

The original poster already wrote:
> want to merge to a single file (prores 422 hq)

which is a target codec, as far as I understand.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 06:47:48 -0400, Marcus Johnson wrote:
> You'll have to do this in two steps. here is the audio step.

No, you don't! You're not using ffmpeg correctly. This is definitely
not something you ever need an additional step for.

> ffmpeg -i front_left.wav -i front_right.wav -i front_center.wav -i lfe.wav
> -i back_left.wav -i back_right.wav -filter_complex
> "[0:a][1:a][2:a][3:a][4:a][5:a]amerge=inputs=6[aout]" -map "[aout]"
> output.wav

To your given audio command line, just add an additional input:
 -i video.mov
and an additional mapping after the input files:
 -map 6:v
(if the video the sixth input)
and an additional codec spec:
 -c:v copy
if the source is prores and just needs to be copied, but "uncompressed
mov" might mean anything, so instead
 -c:v prores
and change the suffix of the output file to a suitable format, such as
  outfile.mov

Moritz